What is the Fundamental® Flex Driver™ Program?
The Fundamental Flex Driver Program provides drivers flexibility to work a fulltime or part time schedule. You choose the days and type of work you desire, the choice is yours. Fundamental Flex Drivers receive hourly pay, overtime after 8 hours daily, are guaranteed 8 hours per day, and are paid weekly. Health benefits are available, as well as ongoing career development through our driver training website. The Fundamental Flex Driver Program is great for professional drivers that desire the ability to make their own schedule.
What is a Fundamental® Dedicated Driver™?
The Dedicated Driver Program matches an employee driver to a specific customer on a long-term, dedicated basis. This is a great option for drivers who want a predictable run, health and other benefits, overtime pay, paid holidays and time off.
Where are your driving jobs?
Our drivers and customers are located throughout the east coast and west to Harrisburg, PA. Fundamental serves drivers in the following areas:
- Binghamton Area
- Central Pennsylvania
- Lehigh Valley Area
- New York Metro
- Northern New Jersey
- Philadelphia Metro
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area
What do I need to apply for Fundamental?
- A valid Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- A DOT Medical Card
How old do I need to be to work for Fundamental?
A minimum of 22 years of age.
How many years of experience do I need to have to drive for Fundamental?
At least 12 months of verifiable driving experience with the equipment you will be operating within the past 7 years or at least 6 months of verifiable experience in the past 6 months.
What will make me a qualified candidate for Fundamental?
Our Risk Management department considers driving experience, the MVR, PSP, background reports and prior employment verifications.
How do I apply?
Submit the Apply Online form and a recruiter will call you, or call our Recruiting Department at a 1-877-357-7776 ext. 3.
What’s the application and approval process?
- After you submit the apply online form, a Fundamental Recruiter will reach out for a telephone conversation and talk about your experience, what you want in your next driving job, and what work we have available
- Recruiter will send an application that can be done online via email
- Recruiter will guide you through the application process; it’s all virtual
- You will complete a Drug Test
How soon will I be able to work?
The majority of our driver applicants take their first run within 6-12 days.
How do I get paid?
- We offer payment via direct deposit or Rapid! Pay Visa® Prepaid Card
- Fundamental® Flex Drivers™ are paid hourly, and after 8 hours in one day, you will receive overtime, including all Sundays and holidays
- Fundamental® Dedicated Drivers™ are also paid hourly and will receive overtime after 40 hours
Do I need my own truck?
No. You will drive a customer’s truck for every run you take.