Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Fundamental® Flex Driver™?
The Flex Driver Program is a great option for drivers who want a flexible schedule and work variety. All of our Flex Drivers are self-employed, paid hourly and earn overtime pay after 8 hours daily. Drivers call in their availability every week can work five or six days a week or just a few days a month.
What is a Fundamental® Dedicated Driver™?
The Dedicated Driver Program matches an employee driver to a specific customer on a long-term, dedicated basis. This is a great option for drivers who want a predictable run, health and other benefits, overtime pay, paid holidays and time off.
Where are your driving jobs?
Our drivers and customers are located throughout the east coast and west to Harrisburg, PA. Fundamental serves drivers in the following areas:
- Central Pennsylvania
- Lehigh Valley
- New York Metro
- Northern New Jersey
- Philadelphia Metro
What do I need to apply for Fundamental?
- A valid Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- A DOT Medical Card
How old do I need to be to work for Fundamental?
A minimum of 22 years of age.
How many years of experience do I need to have to drive for Fundamental?
At least one year (12 months) of verifiable driving experience with the equipment you will be operating within the past 7 years.
What will make me a qualified candidate for Fundamental?
Our Risk Management department considers driving experience, the MVR, PSP, background reports and prior employment verifications.
How do I apply?
Fill out the form and one of our Recruiters will reach out to you with more information.
What’s the application and approval process?
- After you fill out the form, a Fundamental Recruiter will reach out for a telephone conversation and initial screening including a review of your Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- They will then send you a full application to complete.
- We will schedule a time to meet and the recruiter will help you finish your application, answer any questions and conduct a Road Test.
- You will complete a Drug Test.
- Your application, documents and employment history will be reviewed by our Risk Managers.
- When you’re approved to take runs for Fundamental, a Driver Manager will welcome you, provide you with online training, review all procedures, answer your questions, and prepare you for dispatch.
- When you accept your first dispatch, you will take your first run!
How soon will I be able to work?
The majority of our driver applicants take their first run within 6-12 days.
How do I get paid?
We offer payment via direct deposit or Rapid! Visa® Prepaid Card.
Fundamental® Flex Drivers™ are paid hourly, and after eight (8) hours in one day, you will receive overtime. You will also receive overtime on all Sundays and holidays.
Fundamental® Dedicated Drivers™ are also paid hourly and will receive overtime after 40 hours.
Do I need my own truck?
No. You will drive a customer’s truck for every run you take.