What is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week?
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW) is an annual event that celebrates truck drivers across the United States. Founded in 1998 by the American Trucking Association, NTDAW is a widely recognized opportunity for those to express gratitude to the nation’s professional truck drivers. It is a seven day event to celebrate truck drivers and recognize their dedication and hard work.
Why is NTDAW important?
Truck drivers form the foundation of the American transportation and logistics industry, working long hours under demanding circumstances to maintain supply chains and ensure road safety.
The American trucking industry is made up of over 3.5 million truck drivers who play a vital role in sustaining and driving the economy. Truck drivers contribute to the transportation of goods and the smooth functioning of our nation on a daily basis. Billions of tons of freight are transported across the nation, involving long hours of committed service, challenging weather conditions, and roadwork complications.
When is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week?
NTDAW is recognized annually during the second week of September, serving as a time for companies and appreciative individuals to honor these hardworking professionals and acknowledge the contributions and sacrifices they make. In 2023, the week-long event will take place from Sunday, September 10, to Saturday, September 16.
How to Thank Truck Drivers?
Gratitude can be expressed in many ways. Here are some common ways to show appreciation:
- Organize a team lunch to boost morale and honor your drivers.
- Send a thank-you note or express gratitude in person.
- Utilize social media platforms to share shoutouts and posts that highlight the vital role professional truck drivers play.
- Attend or organize events hosted by trucking associations, which may include recognition events, parades, charities, banquets, or dinners for drivers and their families.
- Provide physical gifts and tokens of appreciation to make their drive more enjoyable, such as blankets, headsets, or audiobooks.
- Consider bonuses as a monetary form of compensation to demonstrate appreciation for their work.
- Support local truck stops by performing acts of kindness, such as purchasing a meal for a driver.
- Businesses can offer special discounts or offers exclusively for truck drivers, such as those at restaurants, hotels, or retail stores, to show gratitude.
- By expressing gratitude and acknowledging the efforts of truck drivers during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, we can demonstrate support and recognition for their crucial contributions to the economy.
Fundamental appreciates the dedication and safe miles driven by its drivers every day of the year. Our drivers are the heart of our company and we thank them for their professional, safe driving and top-notch customer service.
The Fundamental Team