Safety Newsletter – December 2020
Winter Safe Driving Tips
- Be prepared for all situations that you may find yourself in by keeping the following items handy:
- Ice scraper
- A flashlight
- A warm blanket and change of clothes
- Emergency food and water
- Check the conditions and obtain weather information before you start your route.
- Drive carefully, slow down, and allow extra space when stopping.
- Make sure to complete a pre-trip inspection. Clear any snow and ice from your vehicle, check to make sure that your wipers and defrosters are working properly, and make sure you have enough fuel.
- Be mindful of hazards such as black ice and freezing bridges.
- Make sure to wear boots with good grip and take your time entering and exiting your vehicle to avoid slipping on the steps or ground.