Safety Newsletter – April 2021
Springtime Driving Tips
- Check to make sure that your vehicle’s equipment (windshield wipers, headlights, etc.) are operational, and that there is a sufficient amount of tread on your tires to provide you with traction in the rain.
- Make sure to turn on your headlights when driving in the rain to increase visibility for you and others on the roadway, and don’t forget to use your windshield wipers.
- Slow down and maintain a safe distance between you and the cars around you.
- Watch out for, and avoid, standing water when possible to avoid hydroplaning. If you do start to hydroplane, avoid making sudden turns or slamming on your brakes.
Back Injury Prevention
- Plan your lift, and have a safe route in mind for when moving an object.
- Never lift more than you can easily handle, and ask for help when needed.
- Avoid twisting your body when lifting or carrying an object, and instead use your feet to change your direction.
- Squat down, keep your back straight, and lift from your legs when picking up objects.
- Use lift assist equipment whenever available to decrease the strain on your body and chances of injury