Safety Newsletter – March 2021
Getting your cargo to its final destination in a timely manner should be a top priority, however an even higher priority should be the safety of you and those around you. When opening trailer doors, there are different types of hazards, such as equipment, environmental, and behavioral, that should be considered. Examples of these are cargo shifts, wind, and rushing to complete a job. Below is a list of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to opening trailer doors and falling object safety.
- Do slowly open doors one at a time and take your time
- Do look inside the trailer before opening the doors wide
- Do ask for help if you need it
- Don’t stand in front of the door you’re opening
- Don’t try to stop a falling load
- Don’t hold onto the door if the wind is pushing against it